Made of black, anodized aluminum, this lens mount adapter allows M42 (Zeiss, Pentax, Praktica, Mamiya and Zenit) lenses to be used on any Sony E-Mount camera body (Sony NEX3/NEX5 etc.) There is no electronic communication between the M42 screw mount lens and the Sony E-mount camera body, auto focus will not be available, however. Use the lens in the fully manual exposure mode (M) and select MF assist function to focus accurately (7x or 14x zoom focus).
Note: Shooting without lens function must be turned on by referring to the following steps: Menu–>Set Up–>Release w/o Lens–>Enable–>OK
- Smooth surface for effortless mounting, infinity focus is allowed.
- Made of brass and aluminum (not plastic), anodized aluminum construction.
- Compatible Cameras (Including, but not limited to): Sony (NEX-3, NEX-3C, NEX-3N, NEX-5, NEX-5C, NEX-5N, NEX-5R, NEX5T, NEX6, NEX7, NEX-F3, a6000, a5000, a3500, a3000; Alpha A7, A7R, NEX-VG10, VG20), etc
- NOTE: This adapter will NOT fit on the Sony a7S, a7 II, a7S II, and a7R II.
- Please note: The position of the infinity mark 【∞】of the telephoto lens or super telephoto lens is shifted slightly to the positive side to enable focus adjustment even when focus shift is caused due to temperature changes. The shift range is denoted by an L-shaped line, be sure to check the focus through the viewfinder even when you shoot at infinity.
- Please note: This adapter does NOT work on Sony A7II, A7S.